Keeping up with clothing for growing children is a challenge to all parents and caregivers. But it becomes especially challenging when the child has special or unusual clothing needs related to a disability or a health issue.
PurpleThreads’ children line of clothing aim to meet the basic needs of the special needs child. While there may be similarities between PurpleThreads’ clothing and other mainstream clothing, what makes PurpleThreads’ line unique are the adaptations to the clothing making them suitable for children with special needs.Featured Adaptations:
- flat seams - reduced friction
- discrete adaptations so clothing looks normal
- easy access - snaps, Velcro, stretchy fabrics
- roomy seat to accommodate diapers (all ages)
- longer rise in the back to accommodate sitting in wheelchair
- elastic waist for and ease of dressing increased comfort
- Limited range of motion and impaired dexterity
- G-Tube feeding
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Developmental disabilities
- Toilet/Changing needs
- Catheters and colostomy bags
- IV tubes
Look out for our range of Children Clothing coming soon.
If you’d like to discuss about customising clothing for your child contact us.